Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Technique Tuesday

We start off our technique lesson with basic composition. They say to have a pleasing picture that attracts your attention you should use the Rule of Thirds.


Imagine that your image is divided into nine equal segments by two vertical & two horizontal lines. Try to position the most important elements in your scene along these line, or at the points where they intersect. Doing so will add balance and interest to your photo. Some cameras even offer an option to superimpose a rule of thirds grid over the LCD screne, making it even easier to use.


When I began to learn about using my camera and photography I read about the "Rule of Thirds". I found that when I placed my subjects along the lines, my photos turned out great.. Remember while it is good to follow rules. Sometimes you should use what looks good to YOU!


If you have any pictures you have taken that goes along with the lesson, please email them to me at snowqueen52@hotmail.com I will place them in the gallery. Subject: Rule of Thirds


If you would like to read further about the subject of "Rule of Thirds", look under my Links & Books page.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Well look at that. I never knew that! Thanks Carol! :-)

    ReplyDelete